May 25, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Look, if the New York Daily News can report a Yankees sale that everyone else is calling “complete fiction,” why can’t the people who are interested in buying the Yankees be completely fictional? That’s the question Larry Granillo asks at Wezen-Ball today, and he profiles the potential suitors.
While I’d love to see Bruce Wayne buy the team, I think Larry is right in calling it a poor fit. Jay Gatsby is also a personal favorite, but he has Frank McCourt fraudulence written all over him. You can’t repeat the past, Old Sport.
Tony Stark, though? That could have some legs. Developing …
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)