May 25, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Look, if the New York Daily News can report a Yankees sale that everyone else is calling “complete fiction,” why can’t the people who are interested in buying the Yankees be completely fictional? That’s the question Larry Granillo asks at Wezen-Ball today, and he profiles the potential suitors.
While I’d love to see Bruce Wayne buy the team, I think Larry is right in calling it a poor fit. Jay Gatsby is also a personal favorite, but he has Frank McCourt fraudulence written all over him. You can’t repeat the past, Old Sport.
Tony Stark, though? That could have some legs. Developing …
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 24
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges