May 25, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
It just hasn’t been Brandon Guyer‘s year. He’s still facing a $5 million lawsuit because a drunk Matt Bush was driving his vehicle at the time he nearly killed a guy, and now he’s going to require shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season.
Guyer, a 26-year-old outfielder, had been in the majors for barely a week when he suffered a strained left shoulder earlier this month. Tests determined that he had a torn labrum, and though it’s not his throwing shoulder, he’s going to need surgery that will sideline him several months.
Guyer was 1-for-7 for the Rays this season, but his only hit was a homer. Over the last two years, he’s hit .309/.381/.510 in 473 at-bats in Triple-A and .188/.204/.396 in 48 at-bats in the majors.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (251)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)