May 25, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
It just hasn’t been Brandon Guyer‘s year. He’s still facing a $5 million lawsuit because a drunk Matt Bush was driving his vehicle at the time he nearly killed a guy, and now he’s going to require shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season.
Guyer, a 26-year-old outfielder, had been in the majors for barely a week when he suffered a strained left shoulder earlier this month. Tests determined that he had a torn labrum, and though it’s not his throwing shoulder, he’s going to need surgery that will sideline him several months.
Guyer was 1-for-7 for the Rays this season, but his only hit was a homer. Over the last two years, he’s hit .309/.381/.510 in 473 at-bats in Triple-A and .188/.204/.396 in 48 at-bats in the majors.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 87
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (87)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)