May 25, 2012, 8:14 AM EDT
The terms are not known but Rosenthal says that the numbers are “well north” of M. Tejada’s six-year, $72 million deal and Nick Markakis‘ six-year, $66.1 million extension.
Jones is currently signed through this year at $6.15 million and has one more year of arbitration eligibility. He turns 27 in August and is in the midst of a career year, hitting .311/.357/.601 with 14 homers.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)