May 25, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Tim Stauffer is on the disabled list for the second time this season because of a sprained right elbow and was able to make just one start in between DL stints, so not surprisingly he sought a second opinion on the injury.
There’s no word yet on what Yocum has advised Stauffer, but there’s little chance of the news actually being good (as opposed to just “not bad”). Stauffer was the Padres’ Opening Day starter last season and threw 186 innings with a 3.73 ERA, staying healthy enough to make 31 starts, but for now there’s no timetable for his return.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)