May 25, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Everyone in YankeeLand denied the Yankees are for sale story, but Lonn Trost is not satisfied with denials. He wants action!
Trost was on the Boomer and Carton Show yesterday. When the topic came up, Trost said:
“With respect to Major League Baseball, we (the Yankees) will ask the commissioner (Bud Selig) to undertake an investigation and take appropriate action.”
If Major League Baseball got into the business of investigating and punishing the propagation of dubious rumors they’d have to set up satellite offices in a dozen reporters’ houses from November to March. They’d need a special Mystery Team Task Force on top of all of that. So no, I don’t think baseball is gonna do anything of the sort, Mr. Trost. Especially considering the alleged sources of the report don’t, you know, work in baseball at all.
But maybe if it makes him fell better, Bud Selig can declare everyone involved to be on double secret probation. Or he can set up a blue ribbon task force to study the issue. You know, some meaningless, empty action that will result in nothing and is designed to placate someone or other.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)