May 25, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Everyone in YankeeLand denied the Yankees are for sale story, but Lonn Trost is not satisfied with denials. He wants action!
Trost was on the Boomer and Carton Show yesterday. When the topic came up, Trost said:
“With respect to Major League Baseball, we (the Yankees) will ask the commissioner (Bud Selig) to undertake an investigation and take appropriate action.”
If Major League Baseball got into the business of investigating and punishing the propagation of dubious rumors they’d have to set up satellite offices in a dozen reporters’ houses from November to March. They’d need a special Mystery Team Task Force on top of all of that. So no, I don’t think baseball is gonna do anything of the sort, Mr. Trost. Especially considering the alleged sources of the report don’t, you know, work in baseball at all.
But maybe if it makes him fell better, Bud Selig can declare everyone involved to be on double secret probation. Or he can set up a blue ribbon task force to study the issue. You know, some meaningless, empty action that will result in nothing and is designed to placate someone or other.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)