May 25, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Everyone in YankeeLand denied the Yankees are for sale story, but Lonn Trost is not satisfied with denials. He wants action!
Trost was on the Boomer and Carton Show yesterday. When the topic came up, Trost said:
“With respect to Major League Baseball, we (the Yankees) will ask the commissioner (Bud Selig) to undertake an investigation and take appropriate action.”
If Major League Baseball got into the business of investigating and punishing the propagation of dubious rumors they’d have to set up satellite offices in a dozen reporters’ houses from November to March. They’d need a special Mystery Team Task Force on top of all of that. So no, I don’t think baseball is gonna do anything of the sort, Mr. Trost. Especially considering the alleged sources of the report don’t, you know, work in baseball at all.
But maybe if it makes him fell better, Bud Selig can declare everyone involved to be on double secret probation. Or he can set up a blue ribbon task force to study the issue. You know, some meaningless, empty action that will result in nothing and is designed to placate someone or other.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)