May 25, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Everyone in YankeeLand denied the Yankees are for sale story, but Lonn Trost is not satisfied with denials. He wants action!
Trost was on the Boomer and Carton Show yesterday. When the topic came up, Trost said:
“With respect to Major League Baseball, we (the Yankees) will ask the commissioner (Bud Selig) to undertake an investigation and take appropriate action.”
If Major League Baseball got into the business of investigating and punishing the propagation of dubious rumors they’d have to set up satellite offices in a dozen reporters’ houses from November to March. They’d need a special Mystery Team Task Force on top of all of that. So no, I don’t think baseball is gonna do anything of the sort, Mr. Trost. Especially considering the alleged sources of the report don’t, you know, work in baseball at all.
But maybe if it makes him fell better, Bud Selig can declare everyone involved to be on double secret probation. Or he can set up a blue ribbon task force to study the issue. You know, some meaningless, empty action that will result in nothing and is designed to placate someone or other.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final