May 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Cameron Maybin is currently dealing with a sprained right wrist. Maybin was sent for X-rays after leaving this afternoon’s game against the Mets in the sixth inning.
Maybin acknowledged that his wrist has been bothering him for a few days now. It doesn’t sound like the disabled list is a possibility quite yet, but he’ll at least miss the next couple of games.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is hitting just .216/.307/.299 with one homer, 14 RBI and a .607 OPS over his first 46 games this season. While his lack of production at the plate has been a disappointment, he’s currently third in the majors with 14 stolen bases.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)