May 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Cameron Maybin is currently dealing with a sprained right wrist. Maybin was sent for X-rays after leaving this afternoon’s game against the Mets in the sixth inning.
Maybin acknowledged that his wrist has been bothering him for a few days now. It doesn’t sound like the disabled list is a possibility quite yet, but he’ll at least miss the next couple of games.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is hitting just .216/.307/.299 with one homer, 14 RBI and a .607 OPS over his first 46 games this season. While his lack of production at the plate has been a disappointment, he’s currently third in the majors with 14 stolen bases.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 0
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)