May 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Cameron Maybin is currently dealing with a sprained right wrist. Maybin was sent for X-rays after leaving this afternoon’s game against the Mets in the sixth inning.
Maybin acknowledged that his wrist has been bothering him for a few days now. It doesn’t sound like the disabled list is a possibility quite yet, but he’ll at least miss the next couple of games.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is hitting just .216/.307/.299 with one homer, 14 RBI and a .607 OPS over his first 46 games this season. While his lack of production at the plate has been a disappointment, he’s currently third in the majors with 14 stolen bases.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (88)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)