May 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Cameron Maybin is currently dealing with a sprained right wrist. Maybin was sent for X-rays after leaving this afternoon’s game against the Mets in the sixth inning.
Maybin acknowledged that his wrist has been bothering him for a few days now. It doesn’t sound like the disabled list is a possibility quite yet, but he’ll at least miss the next couple of games.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is hitting just .216/.307/.299 with one homer, 14 RBI and a .607 OPS over his first 46 games this season. While his lack of production at the plate has been a disappointment, he’s currently third in the majors with 14 stolen bases.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)