May 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Cameron Maybin is currently dealing with a sprained right wrist. Maybin was sent for X-rays after leaving this afternoon’s game against the Mets in the sixth inning.
Maybin acknowledged that his wrist has been bothering him for a few days now. It doesn’t sound like the disabled list is a possibility quite yet, but he’ll at least miss the next couple of games.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is hitting just .216/.307/.299 with one homer, 14 RBI and a .607 OPS over his first 46 games this season. While his lack of production at the plate has been a disappointment, he’s currently third in the majors with 14 stolen bases.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)