May 26, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp remains on track to return from the disabled list when he’s first eligible Tuesday, but he’ll have to make it through a brief minor league rehab assignment first.
Baxter Holmes of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kemp is scheduled to play rehab games with Triple-A Albuquerque on Sunday and Monday. The 27-year-old received a platelet-rich plasma injection last week to accelerate the healing of his left hamstring and was seen sprinting and stretching on the field before last night’s game.
Kemp was batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 homers, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances prior to begin placed on the disabled list. The Dodgers lost to the Astros 3-1 last night, but are 7-4 during Kemp’s absence and still own the National League’s best record at 30-15.
Juan Rivera is also expected to begin a rehab assignment with the Isotopes tomorrow as he works his way back from a ruptured hamstring tendon, but he’ll need more time in the minors than Kemp.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)