May 26, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero hasn’t appeared in a game in five days because of a left groin strain. And that’s not ready to change.
According to Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Southwest, manager Kirk Gibson told reporters that Montero won’t start a game until Monday, at the earliest, due to ongoing groin discomfort.
Konrad Schmidt started behind the plate Saturday.
Montero, 28, has posted a .255/.350/.343 slash line, two home runs and 21 RBI in 157 plate appearances this season. He recently agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract extension that will pay him $10 million in 2013, $10 million in 2014, $12 million in 2015, $14 million in 2016 and $14 million in 2017.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)