May 26, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero hasn’t appeared in a game in five days because of a left groin strain. And that’s not ready to change.
According to Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Southwest, manager Kirk Gibson told reporters that Montero won’t start a game until Monday, at the earliest, due to ongoing groin discomfort.
Konrad Schmidt started behind the plate Saturday.
Montero, 28, has posted a .255/.350/.343 slash line, two home runs and 21 RBI in 157 plate appearances this season. He recently agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract extension that will pay him $10 million in 2013, $10 million in 2014, $12 million in 2015, $14 million in 2016 and $14 million in 2017.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)