May 26, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The Phillies defeated the Cardinals 5-3 in 10 innings last night thanks to a go-ahead two-run homer by Hunter Pence. The big takeaway is that the Phillies have won three in a row and now sit one game over .500 (24-23) on the year, but the game featured an interesting moment after Shane Victorino was involved in a pair of defensive miscues in the bottom of the fourth inning.
After the Phillies got back to the dugout for the top of the fifth, Cliff Lee and Victorino exchanged some heated words. The pair didn’t come close to blows, but teammate Brian Schneider stepped in the way to prevent the situation from escalating. You can watch video of the disagreement here.
According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, neither would confirm whether the argument was over the pair of dropped fly balls.
“It’s going to stay between us,” Lee said. “I’m not going to talk about it.”Victorino would not talk about it either.“Just go,” he said brusquely, waving a reporter away from his locker.
Two highly-competitive people getting into an argument is hardly shocking and Lee was likely just blowing off some steam. Can you really blame the guy? Despite an excellent 2.82 ERA and 47/8 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts, the 33-year-old southpaw is still searching for his first win this season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3