May 26, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The Phillies defeated the Cardinals 5-3 in 10 innings last night thanks to a go-ahead two-run homer by Hunter Pence. The big takeaway is that the Phillies have won three in a row and now sit one game over .500 (24-23) on the year, but the game featured an interesting moment after Shane Victorino was involved in a pair of defensive miscues in the bottom of the fourth inning.
After the Phillies got back to the dugout for the top of the fifth, Cliff Lee and Victorino exchanged some heated words. The pair didn’t come close to blows, but teammate Brian Schneider stepped in the way to prevent the situation from escalating. You can watch video of the disagreement here.
According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, neither would confirm whether the argument was over the pair of dropped fly balls.
“It’s going to stay between us,” Lee said. “I’m not going to talk about it.”Victorino would not talk about it either.“Just go,” he said brusquely, waving a reporter away from his locker.
Two highly-competitive people getting into an argument is hardly shocking and Lee was likely just blowing off some steam. Can you really blame the guy? Despite an excellent 2.82 ERA and 47/8 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts, the 33-year-old southpaw is still searching for his first win this season.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)