May 27, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
“Everybody knows I’m not from Baltimore, but this is now my town,” Jones said. “You see a lot of different guys through free agency and go to other teams. I think me here, I fit here in this city, I fit here on this team, I fit in Camden Yards. I really don’t see myself wearing another white uniform that doesn’t have Orioles across the chest.”
Jones enters Sunday’s series finale against the Royals with a .309/.351/.597 batting line, 14 home runs, eight stolen bases and 31 RBI. Only 26 years old, he should remain a dynamic player throughout his new deal.
The Orioles are currently clinging to a one-game lead over the Rays at the top of the AL East standings.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)