May 27, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
More positive health news for the Cardinals.
According to beat writer Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay will travel to the team’s spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida on Sunday evening and is scheduled to take live, on-field batting practice Monday.
If it goes well, a rehab assignment will soon follow.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with a sprained right shoulder, suffered on the play that is pictured in this post. He’s eligible to return May 30.
The 27-year-old was hitting .343/.395/.438 with two homers and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before the DL stint, operating as an important table-setter for the National League’s best offense.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)