May 27, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
More positive health news for the Cardinals.
According to beat writer Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay will travel to the team’s spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida on Sunday evening and is scheduled to take live, on-field batting practice Monday.
If it goes well, a rehab assignment will soon follow.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with a sprained right shoulder, suffered on the play that is pictured in this post. He’s eligible to return May 30.
The 27-year-old was hitting .343/.395/.438 with two homers and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before the DL stint, operating as an important table-setter for the National League’s best offense.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 17
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 55
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)