May 27, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
More positive health news for the Cardinals.
According to beat writer Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay will travel to the team’s spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida on Sunday evening and is scheduled to take live, on-field batting practice Monday.
If it goes well, a rehab assignment will soon follow.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with a sprained right shoulder, suffered on the play that is pictured in this post. He’s eligible to return May 30.
The 27-year-old was hitting .343/.395/.438 with two homers and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before the DL stint, operating as an important table-setter for the National League’s best offense.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)