May 27, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee, however, admitted it went back further than that.
“Yeah, it’s been an issue,” Dubee said. “It’s been there. It’s been lingering. Some days it’s better than others. Chicago [May 17] was better than others. Even the start of last game it was better and then got it cranky. Today, warming up, he felt fine, but as he got into the game and sat down and even before the first inning, it was just hard to get it going again.”
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com has the full rundown, including some Roy Oswalt speculation, and it’s well worth checking out. For sure, it seems doubtful that Halladay will make his next start, and a 15-day DL stint would seem to be in the cards even if Halladay is likely to fight it.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20