May 27, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee, however, admitted it went back further than that.
“Yeah, it’s been an issue,” Dubee said. “It’s been there. It’s been lingering. Some days it’s better than others. Chicago [May 17] was better than others. Even the start of last game it was better and then got it cranky. Today, warming up, he felt fine, but as he got into the game and sat down and even before the first inning, it was just hard to get it going again.”
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com has the full rundown, including some Roy Oswalt speculation, and it’s well worth checking out. For sure, it seems doubtful that Halladay will make his next start, and a 15-day DL stint would seem to be in the cards even if Halladay is likely to fight it.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)