May 27, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee, however, admitted it went back further than that.
“Yeah, it’s been an issue,” Dubee said. “It’s been there. It’s been lingering. Some days it’s better than others. Chicago [May 17] was better than others. Even the start of last game it was better and then got it cranky. Today, warming up, he felt fine, but as he got into the game and sat down and even before the first inning, it was just hard to get it going again.”
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com has the full rundown, including some Roy Oswalt speculation, and it’s well worth checking out. For sure, it seems doubtful that Halladay will make his next start, and a 15-day DL stint would seem to be in the cards even if Halladay is likely to fight it.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)