May 27, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee, however, admitted it went back further than that.
“Yeah, it’s been an issue,” Dubee said. “It’s been there. It’s been lingering. Some days it’s better than others. Chicago [May 17] was better than others. Even the start of last game it was better and then got it cranky. Today, warming up, he felt fine, but as he got into the game and sat down and even before the first inning, it was just hard to get it going again.”
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com has the full rundown, including some Roy Oswalt speculation, and it’s well worth checking out. For sure, it seems doubtful that Halladay will make his next start, and a 15-day DL stint would seem to be in the cards even if Halladay is likely to fight it.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)