May 27, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
“I’m not sure it’s the same price for everyone, but I think he is looking for the biggest payday,” said the exec. “In the winter, proximity to home (in Weir, Mississippi) was most important. Now, it seems like it’s dollars.”
Oswalt was hoping to sign with either the Rangers or Cardinals this past offseason, but neither team made an offer to his liking.
And he’s now apparently looking to cash in without a real concern over where he lands. The Phillies, Rangers and Red Sox have worked him out recently, and the Dodgers, Brewers and Orioles have also been linked.
Oswalt, 34, posted a 3.69 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 139 innings last year for Philadelphia.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 17
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?