May 27, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
“I’m not sure it’s the same price for everyone, but I think he is looking for the biggest payday,” said the exec. “In the winter, proximity to home (in Weir, Mississippi) was most important. Now, it seems like it’s dollars.”
Oswalt was hoping to sign with either the Rangers or Cardinals this past offseason, but neither team made an offer to his liking.
And he’s now apparently looking to cash in without a real concern over where he lands. The Phillies, Rangers and Red Sox have worked him out recently, and the Dodgers, Brewers and Orioles have also been linked.
Oswalt, 34, posted a 3.69 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 139 innings last year for Philadelphia.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)