May 27, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
“I’m not sure it’s the same price for everyone, but I think he is looking for the biggest payday,” said the exec. “In the winter, proximity to home (in Weir, Mississippi) was most important. Now, it seems like it’s dollars.”
Oswalt was hoping to sign with either the Rangers or Cardinals this past offseason, but neither team made an offer to his liking.
And he’s now apparently looking to cash in without a real concern over where he lands. The Phillies, Rangers and Red Sox have worked him out recently, and the Dodgers, Brewers and Orioles have also been linked.
Oswalt, 34, posted a 3.69 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 139 innings last year for Philadelphia.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 0
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)