May 27, 2012, 8:29 AM EST
It’s only a four-team division and the Rangers still have a comfortable lead, but the Angels are suddenly in second place in the American League West.
Albert Pujols hit his fourth home run in five games and Ernesto Frieri converted his second save in as many chances as the Halos rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Mariners on Saturday evening in Seattle.
Pujols is working on a six-game hitting streak and has raised his batting average from .211 (on May 21) to .232 as of May 26. Frieri, meanwhile, boasts a dominant 22/7 K/BB ratio and 0.00 ERA in 10 innings since being acquired from the Padres.
Things are finally going right for the Angels, who have rattled off five straight wins.
Your Saturday box scores:
Blue Jays 7, Rangers 8 (13 innings)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 125
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 216
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (228)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)