May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Prior to the concussion Sweeney had started 22 times in right field compared to six times in center field, but he’s in today’s lineup as the center fielder with Adrian Gonzalez in right field, Daniel Nava in left field, and Marlon Byrd and Scott Podsednik on the bench.
To make room for Sweeney’s return the Red Sox optioned Che-Hsuan Lin back to the minors.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 34
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 35
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 32
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)