May 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Inge signed with the A’s after being released by the Tigers and provided an unexpected spark for the lineup, smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in just 11 games following years of being a terrible hitter.
Josh Donaldson started all 14 games at third base in his absence, but hit just .180 with one homer and a .516 OPS to continue his season-long struggles. Inge is playing third base and batting fifth this afternoon against Minnesota.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)