May 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Inge signed with the A’s after being released by the Tigers and provided an unexpected spark for the lineup, smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in just 11 games following years of being a terrible hitter.
Josh Donaldson started all 14 games at third base in his absence, but hit just .180 with one homer and a .516 OPS to continue his season-long struggles. Inge is playing third base and batting fifth this afternoon against Minnesota.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 7
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 17
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 59
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)