May 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Inge signed with the A’s after being released by the Tigers and provided an unexpected spark for the lineup, smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in just 11 games following years of being a terrible hitter.
Josh Donaldson started all 14 games at third base in his absence, but hit just .180 with one homer and a .516 OPS to continue his season-long struggles. Inge is playing third base and batting fifth this afternoon against Minnesota.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)