May 28, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Another day, another Cardinals injury.
As first reported by Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, third baseman David Freese is not in the starting lineup Monday afternoon against the Braves due to discomfort in his right hand and wrist.
Freese suffered bruising and a mild sprain Saturday while diving for balls along the third base line. He was able to play Sunday but struck out twice and walked once in three plate appearances against the Phillies.
Daniel Descalso is handling third base in his absence on Monday. The hope is that Freese, who has an .835 OPS, 10 home runs and 33 RBI in 44 games this year, will be ready to rock after a day or two of rest.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)