May 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Double-A starter Nathan Eovaldi was scratched from his scheduled start over the weekend in order to be on call as a Lilly replacement and is expected to move into the Dodgers’ rotation. Eovaldi struggled with his control during a 35-inning debut with the Dodgers last season, but the 22-year-old right-hander has solid numbers in the minors.
At some point all these injuries to key players would seemingly have to catch up to the Dodgers, but it certainly hasn’t happened yet and Matt Kemp is on the verge of returning to the lineup.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)