May 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Double-A starter Nathan Eovaldi was scratched from his scheduled start over the weekend in order to be on call as a Lilly replacement and is expected to move into the Dodgers’ rotation. Eovaldi struggled with his control during a 35-inning debut with the Dodgers last season, but the 22-year-old right-hander has solid numbers in the minors.
At some point all these injuries to key players would seemingly have to catch up to the Dodgers, but it certainly hasn’t happened yet and Matt Kemp is on the verge of returning to the lineup.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)