May 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Double-A starter Nathan Eovaldi was scratched from his scheduled start over the weekend in order to be on call as a Lilly replacement and is expected to move into the Dodgers’ rotation. Eovaldi struggled with his control during a 35-inning debut with the Dodgers last season, but the 22-year-old right-hander has solid numbers in the minors.
At some point all these injuries to key players would seemingly have to catch up to the Dodgers, but it certainly hasn’t happened yet and Matt Kemp is on the verge of returning to the lineup.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)