May 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Double-A starter Nathan Eovaldi was scratched from his scheduled start over the weekend in order to be on call as a Lilly replacement and is expected to move into the Dodgers’ rotation. Eovaldi struggled with his control during a 35-inning debut with the Dodgers last season, but the 22-year-old right-hander has solid numbers in the minors.
At some point all these injuries to key players would seemingly have to catch up to the Dodgers, but it certainly hasn’t happened yet and Matt Kemp is on the verge of returning to the lineup.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)