May 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Double-A starter Nathan Eovaldi was scratched from his scheduled start over the weekend in order to be on call as a Lilly replacement and is expected to move into the Dodgers’ rotation. Eovaldi struggled with his control during a 35-inning debut with the Dodgers last season, but the 22-year-old right-hander has solid numbers in the minors.
At some point all these injuries to key players would seemingly have to catch up to the Dodgers, but it certainly hasn’t happened yet and Matt Kemp is on the verge of returning to the lineup.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)