May 28, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
CSNBayArea.com’s Paul Gutierrez reports that Barry Bonds showed up at AT&T Park on Monday and said he’s talked with Giants CEO Larry Baer about a job with the club, likely as a roving instructor.
Bonds, five years removed from the end of his playing days, spoke with reporters for a half hour outside of the Giants clubhouse and talked about his future as well as his newest hobby, cycling. He said he currently weighs about 212-215 pounds after recent surgeries on his lower back and hip.
Bonds is currently appealing last year’s conviction on obstruction of justice charges. He hasn’t had a job in baseball since he was forced out of the game.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 26
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)