May 28, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
CSNBayArea.com’s Paul Gutierrez reports that Barry Bonds showed up at AT&T Park on Monday and said he’s talked with Giants CEO Larry Baer about a job with the club, likely as a roving instructor.
Bonds, five years removed from the end of his playing days, spoke with reporters for a half hour outside of the Giants clubhouse and talked about his future as well as his newest hobby, cycling. He said he currently weighs about 212-215 pounds after recent surgeries on his lower back and hip.
Bonds is currently appealing last year’s conviction on obstruction of justice charges. He hasn’t had a job in baseball since he was forced out of the game.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8