May 28, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
CSNBayArea.com’s Paul Gutierrez reports that Barry Bonds showed up at AT&T Park on Monday and said he’s talked with Giants CEO Larry Baer about a job with the club, likely as a roving instructor.
Bonds, five years removed from the end of his playing days, spoke with reporters for a half hour outside of the Giants clubhouse and talked about his future as well as his newest hobby, cycling. He said he currently weighs about 212-215 pounds after recent surgeries on his lower back and hip.
Bonds is currently appealing last year’s conviction on obstruction of justice charges. He hasn’t had a job in baseball since he was forced out of the game.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (95)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)