May 29, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Good news here for the 22-27 Athletics.
According to MLB.com’s Jane Lee, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will be cleared to return to the A’s rotation on Saturday against the Royals if he makes it through a bullpen session Wednesday without feeling any abnormal pain or discomfort.
McCarthy has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 18 with a strained right (throwing) shoulder.
The 28-year-old has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio in 58 innings (nine starts) this season.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 24
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)