May 29, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Good news here for the 22-27 Athletics.
According to MLB.com’s Jane Lee, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will be cleared to return to the A’s rotation on Saturday against the Royals if he makes it through a bullpen session Wednesday without feeling any abnormal pain or discomfort.
McCarthy has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 18 with a strained right (throwing) shoulder.
The 28-year-old has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio in 58 innings (nine starts) this season.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 44
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)