May 29, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Good news here for the 22-27 Athletics.
According to MLB.com’s Jane Lee, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will be cleared to return to the A’s rotation on Saturday against the Royals if he makes it through a bullpen session Wednesday without feeling any abnormal pain or discomfort.
McCarthy has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 18 with a strained right (throwing) shoulder.
The 28-year-old has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio in 58 innings (nine starts) this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)