May 29, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Good news here for the 22-27 Athletics.
According to MLB.com’s Jane Lee, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will be cleared to return to the A’s rotation on Saturday against the Royals if he makes it through a bullpen session Wednesday without feeling any abnormal pain or discomfort.
McCarthy has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 18 with a strained right (throwing) shoulder.
The 28-year-old has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio in 58 innings (nine starts) this season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)