May 29, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Brett Gardner has once again started down the path to coming off the disabled list after numerous setbacks have delayed his return from a strained right elbow.
Gardner has been out since April 18, progressing in his recovery several times during that span only to be shut down again.
For now he was cleared to take “dry swings” and Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the best-case scenario for Gardner would have him rejoining the Yankees in about 10 days. That would likely involve a week or so of drills followed by a brief minor-league rehab assignment, so Gardner still has plenty of hurdles to clear before then.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)