May 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Reader Proudly Canadian made a decent point this morning:
Yesterday, the Jays played at home on Memorial Day which is not a Canadian holiday. Last week, the Jays were on the road on Victoria Day which is a Canadian holiday. July 1 is a Canadian holiday, yet the Jays are sometimes on the road on that day. I wish that the schedule makers would take advantage of Canada’s different holiday schedule and let the team play at home on our holidays that are not shared with the US. There is a precedent, as the Red Sox always play at home on Patriot’s Day.
Can’t say I disagree. Then again, baseball in Canada has always seemed to something that has vexed Major League Baseball.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)