May 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Reader Proudly Canadian made a decent point this morning:
Yesterday, the Jays played at home on Memorial Day which is not a Canadian holiday. Last week, the Jays were on the road on Victoria Day which is a Canadian holiday. July 1 is a Canadian holiday, yet the Jays are sometimes on the road on that day. I wish that the schedule makers would take advantage of Canada’s different holiday schedule and let the team play at home on our holidays that are not shared with the US. There is a precedent, as the Red Sox always play at home on Patriot’s Day.
Can’t say I disagree. Then again, baseball in Canada has always seemed to something that has vexed Major League Baseball.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)