May 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Reader Proudly Canadian made a decent point this morning:
Yesterday, the Jays played at home on Memorial Day which is not a Canadian holiday. Last week, the Jays were on the road on Victoria Day which is a Canadian holiday. July 1 is a Canadian holiday, yet the Jays are sometimes on the road on that day. I wish that the schedule makers would take advantage of Canada’s different holiday schedule and let the team play at home on our holidays that are not shared with the US. There is a precedent, as the Red Sox always play at home on Patriot’s Day.
Can’t say I disagree. Then again, baseball in Canada has always seemed to something that has vexed Major League Baseball.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 154
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39