May 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Reader Proudly Canadian made a decent point this morning:
Yesterday, the Jays played at home on Memorial Day which is not a Canadian holiday. Last week, the Jays were on the road on Victoria Day which is a Canadian holiday. July 1 is a Canadian holiday, yet the Jays are sometimes on the road on that day. I wish that the schedule makers would take advantage of Canada’s different holiday schedule and let the team play at home on our holidays that are not shared with the US. There is a precedent, as the Red Sox always play at home on Patriot’s Day.
Can’t say I disagree. Then again, baseball in Canada has always seemed to something that has vexed Major League Baseball.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11