May 29, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Yesterday a bad call by umpire Bill Welke cost the Tigers several runs and possibly the game. Afterwards, he said something that made complete and total sense:
For record, umpires agree they got the call wrong. Bill Welke: “What looks crystal clear [on video] didn’t look crystal clear from 1B line.”
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) May 28, 2012
If even the umpires can admit that replay often sees things that they can’t and would help ensure better calls, why again isn’t anyone in a position to do anything about it willing to admit the same?
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 5
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 23
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL