May 29, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
Dickey was 2-0 in two starts, striking out 21 batters and allowing a single earned run in 14 and a third innings pitched for a 0.63 ERA for the week.
No surprise at all in the AL: the white hot White Sock, Paul Konerko. Konerko went nuts last week, going 14-for-24 with four doubles, three home runs, 10 RBI, two walks and 10 runs scored in six games. He was tops in all of baseball in batting average, slugging percentage and OBP and was tied for first in RBI and total bases. As we mentioned yesterday, his entire season has been crazy pants.
Congrats Paul and R.A. Two of my favorite players — and a lot of people’s, I think — were the two best last week.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8