May 29, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
Dickey was 2-0 in two starts, striking out 21 batters and allowing a single earned run in 14 and a third innings pitched for a 0.63 ERA for the week.
No surprise at all in the AL: the white hot White Sock, Paul Konerko. Konerko went nuts last week, going 14-for-24 with four doubles, three home runs, 10 RBI, two walks and 10 runs scored in six games. He was tops in all of baseball in batting average, slugging percentage and OBP and was tied for first in RBI and total bases. As we mentioned yesterday, his entire season has been crazy pants.
Congrats Paul and R.A. Two of my favorite players — and a lot of people’s, I think — were the two best last week.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20