May 29, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
Dickey was 2-0 in two starts, striking out 21 batters and allowing a single earned run in 14 and a third innings pitched for a 0.63 ERA for the week.
No surprise at all in the AL: the white hot White Sock, Paul Konerko. Konerko went nuts last week, going 14-for-24 with four doubles, three home runs, 10 RBI, two walks and 10 runs scored in six games. He was tops in all of baseball in batting average, slugging percentage and OBP and was tied for first in RBI and total bases. As we mentioned yesterday, his entire season has been crazy pants.
Congrats Paul and R.A. Two of my favorite players — and a lot of people’s, I think — were the two best last week.
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 0
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 37
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 28
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)