May 29, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
Dickey was 2-0 in two starts, striking out 21 batters and allowing a single earned run in 14 and a third innings pitched for a 0.63 ERA for the week.
No surprise at all in the AL: the white hot White Sock, Paul Konerko. Konerko went nuts last week, going 14-for-24 with four doubles, three home runs, 10 RBI, two walks and 10 runs scored in six games. He was tops in all of baseball in batting average, slugging percentage and OBP and was tied for first in RBI and total bases. As we mentioned yesterday, his entire season has been crazy pants.
Congrats Paul and R.A. Two of my favorite players — and a lot of people’s, I think — were the two best last week.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)