May 29, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Bad news for the Phillies: they just got word back from the doctors on Roy Halladay and it’s serious: a strained right latissimus dorsi. That’ll land him on the DL, and he’s expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
This is the first time Halladay has been on the DL since 2009 and the first time with any kind of arm or shoulder problems (or problems in those areas more or less) since 2004.
Halladay has clearly not been himself this season, and this injury confirms why. He hits the DL with a 4-5 record and a 3.98 ERA. And with the Phillies tied for last place, four games behind Washington. It was being termed “shoulder soreness.” While such a thing often turns out to be worse than what Halladay has — at least he doesn’t need surgery — but this is not run-of-the-mill shoulder soreness.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)