May 29, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Clevenger has been on the DL himself with a strained oblique muscle, but is now healthy and Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago reports that the 26-year-old career minor leaguer will draw starts over recently acquired Koyie Hill.
Clevenger lacks power, but hit above .300 at Single-A, Double-A, and Triple-A while totaling nearly as many walks (183) as strikeouts (203). He’ll likely have at least two weeks of regular work until Soto returns.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)