May 29, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Clevenger has been on the DL himself with a strained oblique muscle, but is now healthy and Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago reports that the 26-year-old career minor leaguer will draw starts over recently acquired Koyie Hill.
Clevenger lacks power, but hit above .300 at Single-A, Double-A, and Triple-A while totaling nearly as many walks (183) as strikeouts (203). He’ll likely have at least two weeks of regular work until Soto returns.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)