May 29, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Clevenger has been on the DL himself with a strained oblique muscle, but is now healthy and Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago reports that the 26-year-old career minor leaguer will draw starts over recently acquired Koyie Hill.
Clevenger lacks power, but hit above .300 at Single-A, Double-A, and Triple-A while totaling nearly as many walks (183) as strikeouts (203). He’ll likely have at least two weeks of regular work until Soto returns.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)