May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Torii Hunter was back with the Angels yesterday, rejoining the team after more than two weeks away following his 17-year-old son’s arrest on sexual assault charges.
Hunter remained on the restricted list for last night’s game, but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup tonight versus the Yankees.
Here’s what Hunter said about the situation:
This is my son. This is my blood. For him to go through this and watch him cry every night, it’s pretty tough. I don’t wish this on any father out there. We’re hopeful that it doesn’t even go to court because we feel that there’s no case.
Hunter’s son, Darius McClinton-Hunter, is one of five high school students accused of sexual assaulting a female student as part of what police say was a five-month investigation. He’s been charged with sexual assault of a child, which is a second-degree felony.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)