May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Torii Hunter was back with the Angels yesterday, rejoining the team after more than two weeks away following his 17-year-old son’s arrest on sexual assault charges.
Hunter remained on the restricted list for last night’s game, but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup tonight versus the Yankees.
Here’s what Hunter said about the situation:
This is my son. This is my blood. For him to go through this and watch him cry every night, it’s pretty tough. I don’t wish this on any father out there. We’re hopeful that it doesn’t even go to court because we feel that there’s no case.
Hunter’s son, Darius McClinton-Hunter, is one of five high school students accused of sexual assaulting a female student as part of what police say was a five-month investigation. He’s been charged with sexual assault of a child, which is a second-degree felony.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)