May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Torii Hunter was back with the Angels yesterday, rejoining the team after more than two weeks away following his 17-year-old son’s arrest on sexual assault charges.
Hunter remained on the restricted list for last night’s game, but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup tonight versus the Yankees.
Here’s what Hunter said about the situation:
This is my son. This is my blood. For him to go through this and watch him cry every night, it’s pretty tough. I don’t wish this on any father out there. We’re hopeful that it doesn’t even go to court because we feel that there’s no case.
Hunter’s son, Darius McClinton-Hunter, is one of five high school students accused of sexual assaulting a female student as part of what police say was a five-month investigation. He’s been charged with sexual assault of a child, which is a second-degree felony.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)