May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Torii Hunter was back with the Angels yesterday, rejoining the team after more than two weeks away following his 17-year-old son’s arrest on sexual assault charges.
Hunter remained on the restricted list for last night’s game, but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup tonight versus the Yankees.
Here’s what Hunter said about the situation:
This is my son. This is my blood. For him to go through this and watch him cry every night, it’s pretty tough. I don’t wish this on any father out there. We’re hopeful that it doesn’t even go to court because we feel that there’s no case.
Hunter’s son, Darius McClinton-Hunter, is one of five high school students accused of sexual assaulting a female student as part of what police say was a five-month investigation. He’s been charged with sexual assault of a child, which is a second-degree felony.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)