May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Torii Hunter was back with the Angels yesterday, rejoining the team after more than two weeks away following his 17-year-old son’s arrest on sexual assault charges.
Hunter remained on the restricted list for last night’s game, but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup tonight versus the Yankees.
Here’s what Hunter said about the situation:
This is my son. This is my blood. For him to go through this and watch him cry every night, it’s pretty tough. I don’t wish this on any father out there. We’re hopeful that it doesn’t even go to court because we feel that there’s no case.
Hunter’s son, Darius McClinton-Hunter, is one of five high school students accused of sexual assaulting a female student as part of what police say was a five-month investigation. He’s been charged with sexual assault of a child, which is a second-degree felony.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)