May 30, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I thought the worst Tigers news I’d read today was that they’re using Gerald Laird as their DH tonight. That’s bad, but not as bad as this: They just put Doug Fister on 15-day DL, retroactive to yesterday, with a left side strain.
Fister already missed a month or so with a strained abdominal muscle, so these two things are probably related. He’s only made six starts this year. And, while those starts have been effective ones, the Tigers need him in the rotation if they’re ever gonna pull out of this funk.
Casey Crosby will be recalled Friday to start against the Yankees. Which is hilarious, because it means the Tigers fans can scream about their regular starter going down and a kid taking his place and Yankees fans screaming about how badly their team does against unknown lefty starters. Which Yankees fans think is totally unique to their team.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)