May 30, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I thought the worst Tigers news I’d read today was that they’re using Gerald Laird as their DH tonight. That’s bad, but not as bad as this: They just put Doug Fister on 15-day DL, retroactive to yesterday, with a left side strain.
Fister already missed a month or so with a strained abdominal muscle, so these two things are probably related. He’s only made six starts this year. And, while those starts have been effective ones, the Tigers need him in the rotation if they’re ever gonna pull out of this funk.
Casey Crosby will be recalled Friday to start against the Yankees. Which is hilarious, because it means the Tigers fans can scream about their regular starter going down and a kid taking his place and Yankees fans screaming about how badly their team does against unknown lefty starters. Which Yankees fans think is totally unique to their team.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)