May 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
This is … messed up.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Aroldis Chapman‘s hotel room in Pittsburgh was robbed while he was away, presumably at the ballpark or out after the game. Which, OK, that’s unusual and strange. But what officers found at the scene of the crime is stranger:
Officers who were dispatched to the hotel found a 26-year-old woman tied up and crying. Security guards told officers that they were alerted by two guests who heard a woman screaming for help. The guests, who were staying in a room on the same floor, went into the hallway to see what was going on found the woman with her hands bound by cloth napkins …
Apparently she was in the room, the robbers bluffed their way in, tied her up and robbed the place.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)