May 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
This is … messed up.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Aroldis Chapman‘s hotel room in Pittsburgh was robbed while he was away, presumably at the ballpark or out after the game. Which, OK, that’s unusual and strange. But what officers found at the scene of the crime is stranger:
Officers who were dispatched to the hotel found a 26-year-old woman tied up and crying. Security guards told officers that they were alerted by two guests who heard a woman screaming for help. The guests, who were staying in a room on the same floor, went into the hallway to see what was going on found the woman with her hands bound by cloth napkins …
Apparently she was in the room, the robbers bluffed their way in, tied her up and robbed the place.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)