May 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
This is … messed up.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Aroldis Chapman‘s hotel room in Pittsburgh was robbed while he was away, presumably at the ballpark or out after the game. Which, OK, that’s unusual and strange. But what officers found at the scene of the crime is stranger:
Officers who were dispatched to the hotel found a 26-year-old woman tied up and crying. Security guards told officers that they were alerted by two guests who heard a woman screaming for help. The guests, who were staying in a room on the same floor, went into the hallway to see what was going on found the woman with her hands bound by cloth napkins …
Apparently she was in the room, the robbers bluffed their way in, tied her up and robbed the place.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)