May 30, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
Potential danger was avoided tonight in Toronto.
He hobbled around before getting carried to the dugout while putting no weight on his right foot.
The good news is X-rays have ruled out a break. And according to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Morrow has merely been diagnosed with a shin contusion. Toronto’s trainers are calling him day-to-day.
Morrow had thrown 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball against Baltimore, lowering his ERA to a cool 3.28. He also struck out eight Orioles hitters. The talented 27-year-old should be fine to make his next scheduled start.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)