May 30, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
Potential danger was avoided tonight in Toronto.
He hobbled around before getting carried to the dugout while putting no weight on his right foot.
The good news is X-rays have ruled out a break. And according to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Morrow has merely been diagnosed with a shin contusion. Toronto’s trainers are calling him day-to-day.
Morrow had thrown 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball against Baltimore, lowering his ERA to a cool 3.28. He also struck out eight Orioles hitters. The talented 27-year-old should be fine to make his next scheduled start.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 8
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)