May 30, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
Potential danger was avoided tonight in Toronto.
He hobbled around before getting carried to the dugout while putting no weight on his right foot.
The good news is X-rays have ruled out a break. And according to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Morrow has merely been diagnosed with a shin contusion. Toronto’s trainers are calling him day-to-day.
Morrow had thrown 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball against Baltimore, lowering his ERA to a cool 3.28. He also struck out eight Orioles hitters. The talented 27-year-old should be fine to make his next scheduled start.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)