May 30, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
Potential danger was avoided tonight in Toronto.
He hobbled around before getting carried to the dugout while putting no weight on his right foot.
The good news is X-rays have ruled out a break. And according to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Morrow has merely been diagnosed with a shin contusion. Toronto’s trainers are calling him day-to-day.
Morrow had thrown 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball against Baltimore, lowering his ERA to a cool 3.28. He also struck out eight Orioles hitters. The talented 27-year-old should be fine to make his next scheduled start.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)