May 30, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
Potential danger was avoided tonight in Toronto.
He hobbled around before getting carried to the dugout while putting no weight on his right foot.
The good news is X-rays have ruled out a break. And according to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Morrow has merely been diagnosed with a shin contusion. Toronto’s trainers are calling him day-to-day.
Morrow had thrown 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball against Baltimore, lowering his ERA to a cool 3.28. He also struck out eight Orioles hitters. The talented 27-year-old should be fine to make his next scheduled start.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)