May 30, 2012, 10:44 PM EST
Pastornicky did not start in Wednesday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cardinals and has posted a brutal .248/.281/.324 batting line with one home run and 12 RBI in 157 total plate appearances this season. The former fifth-round pick will try to get things back on track against a lower level of competition.
Meanwhile the Braves will turn to another 22-year-old shortstop: prospect Andrelton Simmons. He was hitting .292/.372/.421 in 43 games at Double-A and will join up with the big league club Friday in the nation’s capital. The 2010 second-round pick is an elite defender.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)