May 30, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
Pastornicky did not start in Wednesday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cardinals and has posted a brutal .248/.281/.324 batting line with one home run and 12 RBI in 157 total plate appearances this season. The former fifth-round pick will try to get things back on track against a lower level of competition.
Meanwhile the Braves will turn to another 22-year-old shortstop: prospect Andrelton Simmons. He was hitting .292/.372/.421 in 43 games at Double-A and will join up with the big league club Friday in the nation’s capital. The 2010 second-round pick is an elite defender.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)