May 30, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
Pastornicky did not start in Wednesday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cardinals and has posted a brutal .248/.281/.324 batting line with one home run and 12 RBI in 157 total plate appearances this season. The former fifth-round pick will try to get things back on track against a lower level of competition.
Meanwhile the Braves will turn to another 22-year-old shortstop: prospect Andrelton Simmons. He was hitting .292/.372/.421 in 43 games at Double-A and will join up with the big league club Friday in the nation’s capital. The 2010 second-round pick is an elite defender.
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 2
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)