May 30, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
Pastornicky did not start in Wednesday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cardinals and has posted a brutal .248/.281/.324 batting line with one home run and 12 RBI in 157 total plate appearances this season. The former fifth-round pick will try to get things back on track against a lower level of competition.
Meanwhile the Braves will turn to another 22-year-old shortstop: prospect Andrelton Simmons. He was hitting .292/.372/.421 in 43 games at Double-A and will join up with the big league club Friday in the nation’s capital. The 2010 second-round pick is an elite defender.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)