May 30, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
Pastornicky did not start in Wednesday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cardinals and has posted a brutal .248/.281/.324 batting line with one home run and 12 RBI in 157 total plate appearances this season. The former fifth-round pick will try to get things back on track against a lower level of competition.
Meanwhile the Braves will turn to another 22-year-old shortstop: prospect Andrelton Simmons. He was hitting .292/.372/.421 in 43 games at Double-A and will join up with the big league club Friday in the nation’s capital. The 2010 second-round pick is an elite defender.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)