May 30, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
I worry about Craig’s health after this one.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman launched a home run in his first plate appearance of Wednesday evening’s game against the Cardinals. He hadn’t played since last Friday because of comfort issues with his contacts — brought on by eye dryness.
Freeman recieved custom-made glasses Wednesday morning and saw the ball well in batting practice.
Freeman hit a double in his second at-bat of the night and an RBI single in his fifth at-bat, finishing 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored. The Braves defeated the Cardinals 10-7 in Atlanta.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)