May 30, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
I worry about Craig’s health after this one.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman launched a home run in his first plate appearance of Wednesday evening’s game against the Cardinals. He hadn’t played since last Friday because of comfort issues with his contacts — brought on by eye dryness.
Freeman recieved custom-made glasses Wednesday morning and saw the ball well in batting practice.
Freeman hit a double in his second at-bat of the night and an RBI single in his fifth at-bat, finishing 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored. The Braves defeated the Cardinals 10-7 in Atlanta.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)