May 30, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
I worry about Craig’s health after this one.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman launched a home run in his first plate appearance of Wednesday evening’s game against the Cardinals. He hadn’t played since last Friday because of comfort issues with his contacts — brought on by eye dryness.
Freeman recieved custom-made glasses Wednesday morning and saw the ball well in batting practice.
Freeman hit a double in his second at-bat of the night and an RBI single in his fifth at-bat, finishing 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored. The Braves defeated the Cardinals 10-7 in Atlanta.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)