May 30, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
I worry about Craig’s health after this one.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman launched a home run in his first plate appearance of Wednesday evening’s game against the Cardinals. He hadn’t played since last Friday because of comfort issues with his contacts — brought on by eye dryness.
Freeman recieved custom-made glasses Wednesday morning and saw the ball well in batting practice.
Freeman hit a double in his second at-bat of the night and an RBI single in his fifth at-bat, finishing 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored. The Braves defeated the Cardinals 10-7 in Atlanta.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)