May 30, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
I worry about Craig’s health after this one.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman launched a home run in his first plate appearance of Wednesday evening’s game against the Cardinals. He hadn’t played since last Friday because of comfort issues with his contacts — brought on by eye dryness.
Freeman recieved custom-made glasses Wednesday morning and saw the ball well in batting practice.
Freeman hit a double in his second at-bat of the night and an RBI single in his fifth at-bat, finishing 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored. The Braves defeated the Cardinals 10-7 in Atlanta.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)