May 30, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
In today’s Rays-White Sox game, A.J. Pierzynski got plunked. Later, be it by coincidence or not, Jose Quintana threw one at Ben Zobrist and was immediately ejected by umpire Mark Wegner. Then White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson went crazy:
UPDATE: MLB pulled the You Tube video, but they have it over at MLB.com, with complete Hawk awesomeness.
Hey, I’m just as critical of the umps as anyone, but perhaps Mr. Harrelson should get a bit of perspective. And even though homerism has been Harrelson’s shtick for years — he always says “we” when referring to the White Sox and calls the opposition “the bad guys” — this is a bit beyond the pale, no?
I mean, at least pretend to not be the propaganda arm of the team, OK? Or at least pretend not to be 12 years-old.
(link via Awful Announcing)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11