May 30, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
In today’s Rays-White Sox game, A.J. Pierzynski got plunked. Later, be it by coincidence or not, Jose Quintana threw one at Ben Zobrist and was immediately ejected by umpire Mark Wegner. Then White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson went crazy:
UPDATE: MLB pulled the You Tube video, but they have it over at MLB.com, with complete Hawk awesomeness.
Hey, I’m just as critical of the umps as anyone, but perhaps Mr. Harrelson should get a bit of perspective. And even though homerism has been Harrelson’s shtick for years — he always says “we” when referring to the White Sox and calls the opposition “the bad guys” — this is a bit beyond the pale, no?
I mean, at least pretend to not be the propaganda arm of the team, OK? Or at least pretend not to be 12 years-old.
(link via Awful Announcing)
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)