May 30, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
In today’s Rays-White Sox game, A.J. Pierzynski got plunked. Later, be it by coincidence or not, Jose Quintana threw one at Ben Zobrist and was immediately ejected by umpire Mark Wegner. Then White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson went crazy:
UPDATE: MLB pulled the You Tube video, but they have it over at MLB.com, with complete Hawk awesomeness.
Hey, I’m just as critical of the umps as anyone, but perhaps Mr. Harrelson should get a bit of perspective. And even though homerism has been Harrelson’s shtick for years — he always says “we” when referring to the White Sox and calls the opposition “the bad guys” — this is a bit beyond the pale, no?
I mean, at least pretend to not be the propaganda arm of the team, OK? Or at least pretend not to be 12 years-old.
(link via Awful Announcing)
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)