May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM EST
The injury bug is still biting away in St. Louis.
It was reported earlier that Cardinals center fielder Jon Jay is experiencing ongoing discomfort in his right shoulder and is scheduled to pay a visit to a specialist in Florida on Thursday. And now the bad luck has settled over the starting rotation.
The Cardinals are saying an MRI taken earlier this week turned up clean, but we’ll just note that respected St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz isn’t really buying that:
Cardinals will understand if I decline to accept their “clean” MRI report on Garcia’s elbow. Heard the same (twice) on Jay’s shoulder.
— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) May 30, 2012
Garcia, 25, has registered a 3.78 ERA and 49/17 K/BB ratio across 64 1/3 innings (10 starts) this season.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)