May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
The injury bug is still biting away in St. Louis.
It was reported earlier that Cardinals center fielder Jon Jay is experiencing ongoing discomfort in his right shoulder and is scheduled to pay a visit to a specialist in Florida on Thursday. And now the bad luck has settled over the starting rotation.
The Cardinals are saying an MRI taken earlier this week turned up clean, but we’ll just note that respected St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz isn’t really buying that:
Cardinals will understand if I decline to accept their “clean” MRI report on Garcia’s elbow. Heard the same (twice) on Jay’s shoulder.
— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) May 30, 2012
Garcia, 25, has registered a 3.78 ERA and 49/17 K/BB ratio across 64 1/3 innings (10 starts) this season.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 16
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)