May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
The injury bug is still biting away in St. Louis.
It was reported earlier that Cardinals center fielder Jon Jay is experiencing ongoing discomfort in his right shoulder and is scheduled to pay a visit to a specialist in Florida on Thursday. And now the bad luck has settled over the starting rotation.
The Cardinals are saying an MRI taken earlier this week turned up clean, but we’ll just note that respected St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz isn’t really buying that:
Cardinals will understand if I decline to accept their “clean” MRI report on Garcia’s elbow. Heard the same (twice) on Jay’s shoulder.
— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) May 30, 2012
Garcia, 25, has registered a 3.78 ERA and 49/17 K/BB ratio across 64 1/3 innings (10 starts) this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)