May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
The injury bug is still biting away in St. Louis.
It was reported earlier that Cardinals center fielder Jon Jay is experiencing ongoing discomfort in his right shoulder and is scheduled to pay a visit to a specialist in Florida on Thursday. And now the bad luck has settled over the starting rotation.
The Cardinals are saying an MRI taken earlier this week turned up clean, but we’ll just note that respected St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz isn’t really buying that:
Cardinals will understand if I decline to accept their “clean” MRI report on Garcia’s elbow. Heard the same (twice) on Jay’s shoulder.
— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) May 30, 2012
Garcia, 25, has registered a 3.78 ERA and 49/17 K/BB ratio across 64 1/3 innings (10 starts) this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)