May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
The injury bug is still biting away in St. Louis.
It was reported earlier that Cardinals center fielder Jon Jay is experiencing ongoing discomfort in his right shoulder and is scheduled to pay a visit to a specialist in Florida on Thursday. And now the bad luck has settled over the starting rotation.
The Cardinals are saying an MRI taken earlier this week turned up clean, but we’ll just note that respected St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz isn’t really buying that:
Cardinals will understand if I decline to accept their “clean” MRI report on Garcia’s elbow. Heard the same (twice) on Jay’s shoulder.
— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) May 30, 2012
Garcia, 25, has registered a 3.78 ERA and 49/17 K/BB ratio across 64 1/3 innings (10 starts) this season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)