May 30, 2012, 8:54 PM EDT
The Cardinals have been battered by injuries.
And the troublesome news continues to flow.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay is still feeling discomfort in his right shoulder and will pay a visit to a doctor Thursday in Florida in a search for answers.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with what is currently being labeled a shoulder sprain. He suffered the injury when he banged into the outfield wall at Busch Stadium while trying to track down a Drew Stubbs home run.
Jay, 27, was batting .343/.395/.438 with eight homers and 18 runs scored through 117 plate appearances.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators