May 30, 2012, 8:54 PM EST
The Cardinals have been battered by injuries.
And the troublesome news continues to flow.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay is still feeling discomfort in his right shoulder and will pay a visit to a doctor Thursday in Florida in a search for answers.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with what is currently being labeled a shoulder sprain. He suffered the injury when he banged into the outfield wall at Busch Stadium while trying to track down a Drew Stubbs home run.
Jay, 27, was batting .343/.395/.438 with eight homers and 18 runs scored through 117 plate appearances.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 23
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)