May 30, 2012, 8:54 PM EDT
The Cardinals have been battered by injuries.
And the troublesome news continues to flow.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay is still feeling discomfort in his right shoulder and will pay a visit to a doctor Thursday in Florida in a search for answers.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with what is currently being labeled a shoulder sprain. He suffered the injury when he banged into the outfield wall at Busch Stadium while trying to track down a Drew Stubbs home run.
Jay, 27, was batting .343/.395/.438 with eight homers and 18 runs scored through 117 plate appearances.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)