May 30, 2012, 8:54 PM EDT
The Cardinals have been battered by injuries.
And the troublesome news continues to flow.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay is still feeling discomfort in his right shoulder and will pay a visit to a doctor Thursday in Florida in a search for answers.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with what is currently being labeled a shoulder sprain. He suffered the injury when he banged into the outfield wall at Busch Stadium while trying to track down a Drew Stubbs home run.
Jay, 27, was batting .343/.395/.438 with eight homers and 18 runs scored through 117 plate appearances.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)