May 30, 2012, 8:54 PM EDT
The Cardinals have been battered by injuries.
And the troublesome news continues to flow.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, center fielder Jon Jay is still feeling discomfort in his right shoulder and will pay a visit to a doctor Thursday in Florida in a search for answers.
Jay has been on the disabled list since May 15 with what is currently being labeled a shoulder sprain. He suffered the injury when he banged into the outfield wall at Busch Stadium while trying to track down a Drew Stubbs home run.
Jay, 27, was batting .343/.395/.438 with eight homers and 18 runs scored through 117 plate appearances.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)