May 30, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Jonathan Lucroy will undergo surgery tomorrow to insert a pin into his fractured right hand, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the operation won’t change the catcher’s expected recovery timetable of 4-6 weeks.
Lucroy also revealed during a radio interview with 1250-WSSP that his wife “has been getting hate mail on her Facebook” page after fans learned that the injury came when a suitcase she was moving fell on his hand.
Lucroy pleaded with fans to stop harassing his wife:
It’s really sad that these kinds of things happen from a freak thing. I mean, she didn’t do it on purpose. It was an accident. Stranger things have happened. It’s been a battle for me, personally, because there’s no one to blame, and my wife is getting killed by this. It’s not like she’s not hurt enough already, not feeling guilty enough already. I really wish people would just leave her alone, leave us alone, just let us try to move forward, and get this behind us, because this has been a brutal couple of days.
People: Still the worst.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)