May 30, 2012, 6:58 PM EST
Rainstorms tend to come and leave quick in Florida. The Marlins were caught unaware Wednesday when it started pouring at the team’s new ballpark.
Despite the presence of a retractable roof, the Marlins were forced to turn to the old school tarp and squeegees following a mid-afternoon storm. Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post captured some of it on video:
The storm flooded the camera well at the park and led to batting practice being cancelled. Tonight’s game against the Nationals will start on time, however.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (271)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)