May 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
X-rays on Nick Markakis‘ injured wrist came back negative, but he’s out of the Orioles’ lineup tonight and Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that the right fielder will be examined by a specialist during tomorrow’s scheduled off day.
Markakis, who hasn’t missed more than five games in a season since his rookie year in 2006, injured his wrist taking a swing in his final at-bat last night.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)