May 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
X-rays on Nick Markakis‘ injured wrist came back negative, but he’s out of the Orioles’ lineup tonight and Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that the right fielder will be examined by a specialist during tomorrow’s scheduled off day.
Markakis, who hasn’t missed more than five games in a season since his rookie year in 2006, injured his wrist taking a swing in his final at-bat last night.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)