May 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
X-rays on Nick Markakis‘ injured wrist came back negative, but he’s out of the Orioles’ lineup tonight and Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that the right fielder will be examined by a specialist during tomorrow’s scheduled off day.
Markakis, who hasn’t missed more than five games in a season since his rookie year in 2006, injured his wrist taking a swing in his final at-bat last night.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)