May 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
X-rays on Nick Markakis‘ injured wrist came back negative, but he’s out of the Orioles’ lineup tonight and Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that the right fielder will be examined by a specialist during tomorrow’s scheduled off day.
Markakis, who hasn’t missed more than five games in a season since his rookie year in 2006, injured his wrist taking a swing in his final at-bat last night.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)