May 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
A preliminary hearing is taking place this afternoon in order to determine if there is enough evidence to hold the defendants in the Bryan Stow beating over for trial. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, yeah, there’s enough evidence:
One of the men charged in a Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow told his own mother that he was involved and expected to “go down” for the attack.
A videotape played Wednesday in a preliminary hearing showed Marvin Norwood talking to his mother by cellphone during an interview with police. In the conversation he said he had been arrested for the Dodger Stadium assault and had been involved. He also mentioned co-defendant Louie Sanchez as having been there.
He told his mother he was sorry.
Well, at least he’s sorry.
And yes, that’s an official sketch of Norwood, distributed by the AP and, apparently, the only “photo” of him available. Who would have thought that courtroom sketch artists would be in business longer than Kodak?
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)