May 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
A preliminary hearing is taking place this afternoon in order to determine if there is enough evidence to hold the defendants in the Bryan Stow beating over for trial. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, yeah, there’s enough evidence:
One of the men charged in a Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow told his own mother that he was involved and expected to “go down” for the attack.
A videotape played Wednesday in a preliminary hearing showed Marvin Norwood talking to his mother by cellphone during an interview with police. In the conversation he said he had been arrested for the Dodger Stadium assault and had been involved. He also mentioned co-defendant Louie Sanchez as having been there.
He told his mother he was sorry.
Well, at least he’s sorry.
And yes, that’s an official sketch of Norwood, distributed by the AP and, apparently, the only “photo” of him available. Who would have thought that courtroom sketch artists would be in business longer than Kodak?
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3