May 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
A preliminary hearing is taking place this afternoon in order to determine if there is enough evidence to hold the defendants in the Bryan Stow beating over for trial. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, yeah, there’s enough evidence:
One of the men charged in a Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow told his own mother that he was involved and expected to “go down” for the attack.
A videotape played Wednesday in a preliminary hearing showed Marvin Norwood talking to his mother by cellphone during an interview with police. In the conversation he said he had been arrested for the Dodger Stadium assault and had been involved. He also mentioned co-defendant Louie Sanchez as having been there.
He told his mother he was sorry.
Well, at least he’s sorry.
And yes, that’s an official sketch of Norwood, distributed by the AP and, apparently, the only “photo” of him available. Who would have thought that courtroom sketch artists would be in business longer than Kodak?
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)