May 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
A preliminary hearing is taking place this afternoon in order to determine if there is enough evidence to hold the defendants in the Bryan Stow beating over for trial. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, yeah, there’s enough evidence:
One of the men charged in a Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow told his own mother that he was involved and expected to “go down” for the attack.
A videotape played Wednesday in a preliminary hearing showed Marvin Norwood talking to his mother by cellphone during an interview with police. In the conversation he said he had been arrested for the Dodger Stadium assault and had been involved. He also mentioned co-defendant Louie Sanchez as having been there.
He told his mother he was sorry.
Well, at least he’s sorry.
And yes, that’s an official sketch of Norwood, distributed by the AP and, apparently, the only “photo” of him available. Who would have thought that courtroom sketch artists would be in business longer than Kodak?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)