May 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
A preliminary hearing is taking place this afternoon in order to determine if there is enough evidence to hold the defendants in the Bryan Stow beating over for trial. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, yeah, there’s enough evidence:
One of the men charged in a Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow told his own mother that he was involved and expected to “go down” for the attack.
A videotape played Wednesday in a preliminary hearing showed Marvin Norwood talking to his mother by cellphone during an interview with police. In the conversation he said he had been arrested for the Dodger Stadium assault and had been involved. He also mentioned co-defendant Louie Sanchez as having been there.
He told his mother he was sorry.
Well, at least he’s sorry.
And yes, that’s an official sketch of Norwood, distributed by the AP and, apparently, the only “photo” of him available. Who would have thought that courtroom sketch artists would be in business longer than Kodak?
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)