May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
David Wright‘s inevitable extension with the Mets: everyone’s talking about it!
- Mid-April: Andy Martino reports that the Mets want Wright to be the “face of the franchise” and will talk to him about a contract extension this summer;
- Mid-May: Brian Costa reports that the Mets are planning on offering Wright a contract extension this summer;
- Last Night: Jon Heyman reports that the Mets plan to talk to Wright about a contract extension this summer. At least Heyman’s report has an actual quote from Sandy Alderson acknowledging that, yes, talks will happen.
But we certainly have talked about talking about it a lot. I hope that the next report has someone actually doing something.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)