May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
David Wright‘s inevitable extension with the Mets: everyone’s talking about it!
- Mid-April: Andy Martino reports that the Mets want Wright to be the “face of the franchise” and will talk to him about a contract extension this summer;
- Mid-May: Brian Costa reports that the Mets are planning on offering Wright a contract extension this summer;
- Last Night: Jon Heyman reports that the Mets plan to talk to Wright about a contract extension this summer. At least Heyman’s report has an actual quote from Sandy Alderson acknowledging that, yes, talks will happen.
But we certainly have talked about talking about it a lot. I hope that the next report has someone actually doing something.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)