May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
David Wright‘s inevitable extension with the Mets: everyone’s talking about it!
- Mid-April: Andy Martino reports that the Mets want Wright to be the “face of the franchise” and will talk to him about a contract extension this summer;
- Mid-May: Brian Costa reports that the Mets are planning on offering Wright a contract extension this summer;
- Last Night: Jon Heyman reports that the Mets plan to talk to Wright about a contract extension this summer. At least Heyman’s report has an actual quote from Sandy Alderson acknowledging that, yes, talks will happen.
But we certainly have talked about talking about it a lot. I hope that the next report has someone actually doing something.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)