May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
David Wright‘s inevitable extension with the Mets: everyone’s talking about it!
- Mid-April: Andy Martino reports that the Mets want Wright to be the “face of the franchise” and will talk to him about a contract extension this summer;
- Mid-May: Brian Costa reports that the Mets are planning on offering Wright a contract extension this summer;
- Last Night: Jon Heyman reports that the Mets plan to talk to Wright about a contract extension this summer. At least Heyman’s report has an actual quote from Sandy Alderson acknowledging that, yes, talks will happen.
But we certainly have talked about talking about it a lot. I hope that the next report has someone actually doing something.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)