May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
David Wright‘s inevitable extension with the Mets: everyone’s talking about it!
- Mid-April: Andy Martino reports that the Mets want Wright to be the “face of the franchise” and will talk to him about a contract extension this summer;
- Mid-May: Brian Costa reports that the Mets are planning on offering Wright a contract extension this summer;
- Last Night: Jon Heyman reports that the Mets plan to talk to Wright about a contract extension this summer. At least Heyman’s report has an actual quote from Sandy Alderson acknowledging that, yes, talks will happen.
But we certainly have talked about talking about it a lot. I hope that the next report has someone actually doing something.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)