May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Chemistry in the clubhouse.
It can extend winning streaks and snap losing streaks. The Mets have great chemistry, and that’s been been of the biggest reasons New York sits in second place in the competitive NL East.
And here I thought it was because of an MVP-caliber season from David Wright, offensive contributions from everyone else besides Ike Davis that are exceeding expectations, a resurgent Johan Santana helping the pitching look respectable when it was anticipated to be awful and an great deal of good fortune which has allowed the team to out-perform their Pythagorean record by a full five games.
But hey, if you wanna go with “chemistry,” be my guest.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)