May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Chemistry in the clubhouse.
It can extend winning streaks and snap losing streaks. The Mets have great chemistry, and that’s been been of the biggest reasons New York sits in second place in the competitive NL East.
And here I thought it was because of an MVP-caliber season from David Wright, offensive contributions from everyone else besides Ike Davis that are exceeding expectations, a resurgent Johan Santana helping the pitching look respectable when it was anticipated to be awful and an great deal of good fortune which has allowed the team to out-perform their Pythagorean record by a full five games.
But hey, if you wanna go with “chemistry,” be my guest.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32