May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Chemistry in the clubhouse.
It can extend winning streaks and snap losing streaks. The Mets have great chemistry, and that’s been been of the biggest reasons New York sits in second place in the competitive NL East.
And here I thought it was because of an MVP-caliber season from David Wright, offensive contributions from everyone else besides Ike Davis that are exceeding expectations, a resurgent Johan Santana helping the pitching look respectable when it was anticipated to be awful and an great deal of good fortune which has allowed the team to out-perform their Pythagorean record by a full five games.
But hey, if you wanna go with “chemistry,” be my guest.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)