May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Chemistry in the clubhouse.
It can extend winning streaks and snap losing streaks. The Mets have great chemistry, and that’s been been of the biggest reasons New York sits in second place in the competitive NL East.
And here I thought it was because of an MVP-caliber season from David Wright, offensive contributions from everyone else besides Ike Davis that are exceeding expectations, a resurgent Johan Santana helping the pitching look respectable when it was anticipated to be awful and an great deal of good fortune which has allowed the team to out-perform their Pythagorean record by a full five games.
But hey, if you wanna go with “chemistry,” be my guest.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)