May 30, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
This is a pretty darn Deadspin story, but since it comes from Deadspin, I suppose it’s understandable. If it’s not your bag, move along.
Upshot: the separated Terry Francona has been sending “sexy” texts to a much younger woman. “Sexy” is in quotes because most people really wouldn’t consider a pic of Terry Francona with his shirt off and a towel wrapped around him, his bald head glistening in the sun to be “sexy.”
That aside, the boyfriend of the woman found it while apparently raiding her email. He then found a cleavage pic his girlfriend sent back to Tito and a bunch of texts they exchanged and sent it all on to Deadspin, who published the pics because that’s what Deadspin does. Ah, true love.
- I’m not gonna get on Francona for this AT ALL. Dude is single and can do what he wants. He probably doesn’t know the woman has a boyfriend anyway. Indeed, I actually find him almost adorable in a “poor recently-single guy has no clue whatsoever how to do the sexy texting thing with someone” way. Which in some ways I can relate to, sadly, even if I never did anything sad/funny like that since the ex and I split up. I don’t think so, anyway. Gotta ask my girlfriend about that.
- The girlfriend: It’s hard to approve of someone in a relationship texting stuff like that to some other dude, but what she does is between her and her God, I guess;
- But even if that’s wrong, isn’t this boyfriend a jerk for raiding his girlfriend’s email and texts and sending it on to a gossip site like Deadspin? What is wrong with people? Maybe he’s being done wrong in the whole Terry Francona triangle, but if he doesn’t respect anyone’s privacy, he probably was gonna screw up and get dumped eventually.
Anyway: here’s to young love. And to older, bald, recently split dudes getting together with attractive young women. My name is Craig Calcaterra and I approve of that message.
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 0
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 27
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 58
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)