May 30, 2012, 11:10 AM EST
This is a pretty darn Deadspin story, but since it comes from Deadspin, I suppose it’s understandable. If it’s not your bag, move along.
Upshot: the separated Terry Francona has been sending “sexy” texts to a much younger woman. “Sexy” is in quotes because most people really wouldn’t consider a pic of Terry Francona with his shirt off and a towel wrapped around him, his bald head glistening in the sun to be “sexy.”
That aside, the boyfriend of the woman found it while apparently raiding her email. He then found a cleavage pic his girlfriend sent back to Tito and a bunch of texts they exchanged and sent it all on to Deadspin, who published the pics because that’s what Deadspin does. Ah, true love.
- I’m not gonna get on Francona for this AT ALL. Dude is single and can do what he wants. He probably doesn’t know the woman has a boyfriend anyway. Indeed, I actually find him almost adorable in a “poor recently-single guy has no clue whatsoever how to do the sexy texting thing with someone” way. Which in some ways I can relate to, sadly, even if I never did anything sad/funny like that since the ex and I split up. I don’t think so, anyway. Gotta ask my girlfriend about that.
- The girlfriend: It’s hard to approve of someone in a relationship texting stuff like that to some other dude, but what she does is between her and her God, I guess;
- But even if that’s wrong, isn’t this boyfriend a jerk for raiding his girlfriend’s email and texts and sending it on to a gossip site like Deadspin? What is wrong with people? Maybe he’s being done wrong in the whole Terry Francona triangle, but if he doesn’t respect anyone’s privacy, he probably was gonna screw up and get dumped eventually.
Anyway: here’s to young love. And to older, bald, recently split dudes getting together with attractive young women. My name is Craig Calcaterra and I approve of that message.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)