May 30, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
This is a pretty darn Deadspin story, but since it comes from Deadspin, I suppose it’s understandable. If it’s not your bag, move along.
Upshot: the separated Terry Francona has been sending “sexy” texts to a much younger woman. “Sexy” is in quotes because most people really wouldn’t consider a pic of Terry Francona with his shirt off and a towel wrapped around him, his bald head glistening in the sun to be “sexy.”
That aside, the boyfriend of the woman found it while apparently raiding her email. He then found a cleavage pic his girlfriend sent back to Tito and a bunch of texts they exchanged and sent it all on to Deadspin, who published the pics because that’s what Deadspin does. Ah, true love.
- I’m not gonna get on Francona for this AT ALL. Dude is single and can do what he wants. He probably doesn’t know the woman has a boyfriend anyway. Indeed, I actually find him almost adorable in a “poor recently-single guy has no clue whatsoever how to do the sexy texting thing with someone” way. Which in some ways I can relate to, sadly, even if I never did anything sad/funny like that since the ex and I split up. I don’t think so, anyway. Gotta ask my girlfriend about that.
- The girlfriend: It’s hard to approve of someone in a relationship texting stuff like that to some other dude, but what she does is between her and her God, I guess;
- But even if that’s wrong, isn’t this boyfriend a jerk for raiding his girlfriend’s email and texts and sending it on to a gossip site like Deadspin? What is wrong with people? Maybe he’s being done wrong in the whole Terry Francona triangle, but if he doesn’t respect anyone’s privacy, he probably was gonna screw up and get dumped eventually.
Anyway: here’s to young love. And to older, bald, recently split dudes getting together with attractive young women. My name is Craig Calcaterra and I approve of that message.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 1
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)