May 30, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
The headline says it all, but here’s Frazier talking about what went down in a Pittsburgh restaurant the other night:
“We’re just eating there, talking,” Frazier said. “I looked in the corner of my eye. I said, ‘Ludwick, I think that guy’s choking.’ Next thing I know there’s two ladies one on each side, trying to pop it out. (Ludwick) said, ‘Get over there.’ I was the closest one.
“I ran over there and said, ‘let me try it.’ I tried it twice. It popped out. It was monster piece. The guy was very thankful. The lady he was with was crying. It was surreal. I never done it before in my life.”
The guy apparently picked up Frazier and Ryan Ludwick‘s tab, not realizing they were ballplayers. Between that and his .579 slugging percentage. it’s been a pretty solid year for Frazier so far.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29