Twitter helped George Brett find his lost labradoodle. Yes, that’s a dog.

May 30, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT

George Brett

After learning about TitoSextGate, thank goodness Jon Bois of Baseball Nation can give us a refreshing, uplifting social media success story. It’s about George Brett. And how he got his labradoodle, Charlie, back after he got lost in the rain.

Don’t even say it. Yes, it is a slow news day. What do you want? We’ve already given you sex and crime, for crying out loud. Everything else should be gravy at this point.

1. jarathen - May 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Can we just talk about his stupid necklaces? Instead of stupid dog breeds?

2. xsherr - May 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Don’t hate on the labradoodle!

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - May 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Hey, nothing wrong with mixing in a little adorable every now and then. Plus, I’m a bigtime animal lover.

4. ezthinking - May 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Suppose he named it Charlie after his hitting coach Charlie Lau?

• nolanwiffle - May 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Or Charlie Leibrandt(-adoodle)……work with me on this one.

5. koufaxmitzvah - May 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I had to put my German Shepherd – Rhodesian Ridgeback to sleep this past Sunday. 12 years old. Bad hip. Couldn’t move much any longer. Yes, this is a shameless ploy for some public sympathy.

Missing my Lopez. He was a great dog.

• nolanwiffle - May 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

German/Rhodesian mix? I imagine that dog liked white people…..a lot.

I am sorry for your loss. 12 years is a good run though.

• koufaxmitzvah - May 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Thanks, Nolan. He liked all kinds of people, and was very sweet towards all other dogs. It was the cats he wanted to tear into shreds.

6. mybrunoblog - May 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Shortly after getting his dog back an excited Brett shit his pants. This of course is not his first shitting misadventure.

All the trade deadline news to know