May 30, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Former Mariner and Red Wladimir Balentien has 12 homers in only 45 games for the Yakult Swallows. But after a fast start that gave him those power numbers, he has slumped, going homerless in 50 straight at bats and seeing his average drop over a 100 points.
So he tweeted about it, the other night. He just picked a bad time to do it:
Former major league baseballer Wladimir Balentien has been warned by his Japanese team the Yakult Swallows for updating his twitter account during a 10-0 loss.
Balentien, who has been in the midst of a prolonged slump, tweeted “I will never give up” just before the end of Monday’s 10-0 loss to the Seibu Lions. He was sent to Yakult’s minor league team on Tuesday.
It’s unclear if the demotion was due to the tweeting or the slumping. But either way, not the kind of thing that flies in the NPB I imagine.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)