May 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
Adam Lind has been in triple-A Las Vegas, but he had remained on the 40-man roster, having merely been optioned. Not anymore, though: The Blue Jays announced today that they outrighted him, removing him from the 40-man. There had been some dispute about that.
Lind is currently killing the ball in Las Vegas, but he was doing nothing of the sort for Toronto. And now, if they want him, they have to make another move to free up space on the 40-man. And the Blue Jays owe him $5 million this season and $5 million next season, with $3.5 million worth of buyouts for the 2014-16 seasons, in what has turned out to be a disastrous contract.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 31
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 99
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (99)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)