May 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Adam Lind has been in triple-A Las Vegas, but he had remained on the 40-man roster, having merely been optioned. Not anymore, though: The Blue Jays announced today that they outrighted him, removing him from the 40-man. There had been some dispute about that.
Lind is currently killing the ball in Las Vegas, but he was doing nothing of the sort for Toronto. And now, if they want him, they have to make another move to free up space on the 40-man. And the Blue Jays owe him $5 million this season and $5 million next season, with $3.5 million worth of buyouts for the 2014-16 seasons, in what has turned out to be a disastrous contract.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 43
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)