May 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Adam Lind has been in triple-A Las Vegas, but he had remained on the 40-man roster, having merely been optioned. Not anymore, though: The Blue Jays announced today that they outrighted him, removing him from the 40-man. There had been some dispute about that.
Lind is currently killing the ball in Las Vegas, but he was doing nothing of the sort for Toronto. And now, if they want him, they have to make another move to free up space on the 40-man. And the Blue Jays owe him $5 million this season and $5 million next season, with $3.5 million worth of buyouts for the 2014-16 seasons, in what has turned out to be a disastrous contract.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)