May 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
Adam Lind has been in triple-A Las Vegas, but he had remained on the 40-man roster, having merely been optioned. Not anymore, though: The Blue Jays announced today that they outrighted him, removing him from the 40-man. There had been some dispute about that.
Lind is currently killing the ball in Las Vegas, but he was doing nothing of the sort for Toronto. And now, if they want him, they have to make another move to free up space on the 40-man. And the Blue Jays owe him $5 million this season and $5 million next season, with $3.5 million worth of buyouts for the 2014-16 seasons, in what has turned out to be a disastrous contract.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15