May 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Adam Lind has been in triple-A Las Vegas, but he had remained on the 40-man roster, having merely been optioned. Not anymore, though: The Blue Jays announced today that they outrighted him, removing him from the 40-man. There had been some dispute about that.
Lind is currently killing the ball in Las Vegas, but he was doing nothing of the sort for Toronto. And now, if they want him, they have to make another move to free up space on the 40-man. And the Blue Jays owe him $5 million this season and $5 million next season, with $3.5 million worth of buyouts for the 2014-16 seasons, in what has turned out to be a disastrous contract.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 1
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 41
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)