May 31, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, it seems the news wasn’t as bad as it could have been:
No new injury for Doug Fister, just same costochondral strain. Trainer Kevin Rand said he’s “not anticipating” another month-long absence.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) May 31, 2012
5:00 PM: Doug Fister is back on the DL after having aggravated his left side. And now we hear that bad news is likely to be delivered by the Tigers soon:
MRI on #Tigers pitcher Fister showed “something,” Leyland said; trainer Kevin Rand will update at 5:30 p.m.
— David Mayo (@David_Mayo) May 31, 2012
I’m assuming it’s not sunshine and rainbows. The best I can think of is a cute and fuzzy bunny with a strained latissimus dorsi.
Things could be going worse for the Tigers right now. I’m just not sure how.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 0
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 7
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 31
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)