May 31, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, it seems the news wasn’t as bad as it could have been:
No new injury for Doug Fister, just same costochondral strain. Trainer Kevin Rand said he’s “not anticipating” another month-long absence.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) May 31, 2012
5:00 PM: Doug Fister is back on the DL after having aggravated his left side. And now we hear that bad news is likely to be delivered by the Tigers soon:
MRI on #Tigers pitcher Fister showed “something,” Leyland said; trainer Kevin Rand will update at 5:30 p.m.
— David Mayo (@David_Mayo) May 31, 2012
I’m assuming it’s not sunshine and rainbows. The best I can think of is a cute and fuzzy bunny with a strained latissimus dorsi.
Things could be going worse for the Tigers right now. I’m just not sure how.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 27
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)