May 31, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, it seems the news wasn’t as bad as it could have been:
No new injury for Doug Fister, just same costochondral strain. Trainer Kevin Rand said he’s “not anticipating” another month-long absence.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) May 31, 2012
5:00 PM: Doug Fister is back on the DL after having aggravated his left side. And now we hear that bad news is likely to be delivered by the Tigers soon:
MRI on #Tigers pitcher Fister showed “something,” Leyland said; trainer Kevin Rand will update at 5:30 p.m.
— David Mayo (@David_Mayo) May 31, 2012
I’m assuming it’s not sunshine and rainbows. The best I can think of is a cute and fuzzy bunny with a strained latissimus dorsi.
Things could be going worse for the Tigers right now. I’m just not sure how.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)