May 31, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
UPDATE: Well, it seems the news wasn’t as bad as it could have been:
No new injury for Doug Fister, just same costochondral strain. Trainer Kevin Rand said he’s “not anticipating” another month-long absence.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) May 31, 2012
5:00 PM: Doug Fister is back on the DL after having aggravated his left side. And now we hear that bad news is likely to be delivered by the Tigers soon:
MRI on #Tigers pitcher Fister showed “something,” Leyland said; trainer Kevin Rand will update at 5:30 p.m.
— David Mayo (@David_Mayo) May 31, 2012
I’m assuming it’s not sunshine and rainbows. The best I can think of is a cute and fuzzy bunny with a strained latissimus dorsi.
Things could be going worse for the Tigers right now. I’m just not sure how.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)