May 31, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, it seems the news wasn’t as bad as it could have been:
No new injury for Doug Fister, just same costochondral strain. Trainer Kevin Rand said he’s “not anticipating” another month-long absence.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) May 31, 2012
5:00 PM: Doug Fister is back on the DL after having aggravated his left side. And now we hear that bad news is likely to be delivered by the Tigers soon:
MRI on #Tigers pitcher Fister showed “something,” Leyland said; trainer Kevin Rand will update at 5:30 p.m.
— David Mayo (@David_Mayo) May 31, 2012
I’m assuming it’s not sunshine and rainbows. The best I can think of is a cute and fuzzy bunny with a strained latissimus dorsi.
Things could be going worse for the Tigers right now. I’m just not sure how.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 55
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 27
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)