May 31, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Jim Duquette once gave Scott Kazmir to the Rays for Victor Zambrano. But now he’s giving up something even more valuable, and this time not one damn person is going to criticize him for it:
Former Mets GM Jim Duquette, who now contributes part time to Mets radio broadcasts, will donate a kidney to his daughter Lindsey in a transplant to be performed June 4, The NephCure Foundation announced.
Lindsey, now 8, has been dealing with a rare kidney disease known as FSGS since shortly after her birth, when Duquette served as Mets GM. He has been active in trying to raise awareness and funding for research. Lindsey has been on dialysis for the past year.
Sad, happy and wonderful all at the same time. Good on ya, Jim. And good luck to you and your daughter on Monday and beyond.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)