May 31, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Jim Duquette once gave Scott Kazmir to the Rays for Victor Zambrano. But now he’s giving up something even more valuable, and this time not one damn person is going to criticize him for it:
Former Mets GM Jim Duquette, who now contributes part time to Mets radio broadcasts, will donate a kidney to his daughter Lindsey in a transplant to be performed June 4, The NephCure Foundation announced.
Lindsey, now 8, has been dealing with a rare kidney disease known as FSGS since shortly after her birth, when Duquette served as Mets GM. He has been active in trying to raise awareness and funding for research. Lindsey has been on dialysis for the past year.
Sad, happy and wonderful all at the same time. Good on ya, Jim. And good luck to you and your daughter on Monday and beyond.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)