May 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
This isn’t ironing a shirt while wearing it bad, but it is pretty random. Henry Rodriguez got an owie:
After the Nationals’ 5-3 loss to the Marlins on Wednesday, Manager Davey Johnson revealed Henry Rodriguez had slammed a bathroom door shut on his right index finger.
Rodriguez played catch wearing a protective rubber covering over his swollen finger, but he was unavailable to pitch Wednesday night. Johnson hopes Rodriguez will be able to pitch if needed Friday.
Question: how many of you use two hands to shut a bathroom door? How does this even happen?
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)