May 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
This isn’t ironing a shirt while wearing it bad, but it is pretty random. Henry Rodriguez got an owie:
After the Nationals’ 5-3 loss to the Marlins on Wednesday, Manager Davey Johnson revealed Henry Rodriguez had slammed a bathroom door shut on his right index finger.
Rodriguez played catch wearing a protective rubber covering over his swollen finger, but he was unavailable to pitch Wednesday night. Johnson hopes Rodriguez will be able to pitch if needed Friday.
Question: how many of you use two hands to shut a bathroom door? How does this even happen?
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)