May 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
This isn’t ironing a shirt while wearing it bad, but it is pretty random. Henry Rodriguez got an owie:
After the Nationals’ 5-3 loss to the Marlins on Wednesday, Manager Davey Johnson revealed Henry Rodriguez had slammed a bathroom door shut on his right index finger.
Rodriguez played catch wearing a protective rubber covering over his swollen finger, but he was unavailable to pitch Wednesday night. Johnson hopes Rodriguez will be able to pitch if needed Friday.
Question: how many of you use two hands to shut a bathroom door? How does this even happen?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)