May 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
This isn’t ironing a shirt while wearing it bad, but it is pretty random. Henry Rodriguez got an owie:
After the Nationals’ 5-3 loss to the Marlins on Wednesday, Manager Davey Johnson revealed Henry Rodriguez had slammed a bathroom door shut on his right index finger.
Rodriguez played catch wearing a protective rubber covering over his swollen finger, but he was unavailable to pitch Wednesday night. Johnson hopes Rodriguez will be able to pitch if needed Friday.
Question: how many of you use two hands to shut a bathroom door? How does this even happen?
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)